Weight Gain Diet Therapy
Being underweight is defined as having a body mass index (BMI) below 18.5. It is much more common in women and girls. There are several crucial indications of you being underweight, for instance, your Body mass Index (BMI) is below 18.5, improper digestive system, gastric trouble, weakness and frequent tiredness. To rebuild body tissues, to maintain a good nutritional status and to maintain ideal body weight are a few reasons why healthy weight gain is important. Well, eating lots of junk and processed foods may increase your weight to some extent, but it is certainly not the healthy method. In order to gain some healthy weight, you must follow a healthy diet plan. A proper weight gain diet should be a combination of lots of carbs, proteins and healthy fats.
Reasons for being underweight
There are many reasons and causes for being underweight.
- They may be genetic, because of illness or a medical condition, or through a lack of food. It may be down to your skinny genes, some people are naturally thinner than others.
- It could be caused by a medical condition. An overactive thyroid may lead to you being underweight. Digestive problems like IBS and Crohn’s disease may also lead to weight loss.
- Having uncontrolled diabetes (mainly type 1) can lead to severe weight loss.
- Certain infections can cause someone to become severely underweight. This includes parasites, tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS.
- Cancerous tumors often burn large amounts of calories and can cause someone to lose a lot of weight.
- Some other conditions can lead to a loss of appetite. If you have depression or stress it can affect your appetite, making you either eat less or more.
- Emotional issues like bereavement or the break-up of a relationship may lead to weight loss and a lack of concern about food and eating.
Health risks of being underweight
This is a concern, because being underweight can be just as bad for your health as being obese. There are certain health risks with being underweight:
- You are more likely to pick up infections as your immune system may not be as strong as it could be. So you may be more vulnerable to colds and flu, for example.
- You may be missing vitamins and minerals, which are vital to keep your body healthy and strong. This is especially important if you’re still growing.
- If you aren’t having enough calcium (found in dairy products) it may affect your bones as it’s an important mineral for keeping bones strong and healthy. Being underweight makes it more likely for you to develop osteoporosis when you get older. That’s a condition that makes your bones more fragile and likely to break.
- You may not be having enough iron, which may lead to anaemia, a condition which makes you feel tired and lethargic.
- Being underweight can also affect a woman’s menstrual cycle. It can even stop periods, so there may be fertility problems and a difficulty in getting pregnant.
What is Weight Gain Diet Therapy ?
If you are underweight, then you need to gain a balanced amount of muscle mass and subcutaneous fat, not a bunch of unhealthy belly fat. It can actually be very difficult for some people to gain weight. That's because your body has a certain set point of weight where it feels comfortable. Gradual weight gain is always advisable.
Here at Singla’s Diet Clinic TM our objective is to help you restore a desirable weight/ ideal body weight according to one's age, gender and height. If you want to put on weight, it is important for you to choose the right combination of foods. The aim is to increase weight of muscle mass and not fat mass to ensure good health.
Dietician and Nutrition Expert Manjula Singla’s idea of a Weight Gain Diet Therapy is to provide a systematic approach towards eating throughout the day while eliminating all the causes of underweight. She makes sure that you do not suffer from underlying illnesses that cause weight loss or hamper weight gain, and that other important factors such as medications, depression, or anxiety are not preventing you from gaining weight. The right combination of healthy food, exercise, right breathing, rest and sleep go a long way in a happier and healthier you. Once you've gained the right amount of weight that you desire to gain, you'll realise that your naturally thin body will look far more toned and curved at the right places, than you ever thought possible.
How the program works?
At Singla’s Diet Clinic TM we review your health and medical history and perform a comprehensive medical testing to develop a program that is individualised especially for you. The program is designed to flush your system of impurities and nourish the body cells , muscles and bones with proper food combinations so that food gets digested and assimilated properly.
Dietician and Nutrition Expert Manjula Singla will personally examine every patient and give each one the diet therapy that he/she should follow in order to achieve the ideal results. The diet therapy provides an evaluation to patients that includes the following:
- Medical assessment of weight through body composition analysis, clinical and laboratory evaluations to identify weight related diseases and nutrition problems.
- Nutrition assessment to identify current dietary habits and willingness, ability, and resources available to work on improving them to promote weight loss.
- Physical activity assessment to evaluate current status of exercise and work out patterns and willingness, ability, and resources available to increase physical activity.
During the first consultation with our Dietician and Nutrition Expert, you will discuss your wellness goal, explore your health concerns in more detail and agree on a personalized diet program that fits in with your lifestyle and your food preferences. During the weekly follow up consultation, our Dietician and Nutrition Expert will review your progress and weight and adapt the diet program as required.
Dietician Manjula Singla’s Health Formula
Detoxification and Cleaning
Nourishing and Rejuvenation
Maintenance and Stabilization
Giving Inputs for New Lifestyle
Benefits of the program
- A healthy and long lasting weight gain
- Increased muscle mass but not the fat
- Increased immunity, stamina and muscular strength
- A new understanding of food and health
Packages for Weight Gain Diet Therapy
1 month ---- INR 5800/-
2 months ---- INR 11,000/-
3 months (2 months plan + 1 month maintenance) ---- INR 14000/- (2 months plan + 1 month maintenance)
4 months (3 months plan + 1 month maintenance) ---- INR 19000/- (3 months plan + 1 month maintenance)
5 months (4 months plan + 1 month maintenance) ---- INR 23000/-(4 months plan + 1 month maintenance)
6 months (5 months plan + 1 month maintenance) ---- INR 27000/- (5 months plan + 1 month maintenance)